Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Review - AdventureAWeek.com


Today I will be reviewing an adventure from AdventureAWeek.com a subscription service that provides adventures for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder. The adventure I received was Mini-Dungeon #001 - Buried Council Chambers. I received it through Mythoard, so I won't be commenting on the AdventureAWeek.com subscription model, or anything about their service, although it interested me greatly, perhaps Master Of Dungeons could start some sort of 5th edition subscription dungeon service, if you would be interested in receiving a one page dungeon or adventure every few weeks in the mail as a subscription service, be sure to leave a comment. If you haven't already make sure to check out yesterday's review.

The adventure I received came on one piece of high quality glossy paper, double-sided. It is quite a small dungeon, so there isn't too much to talk about. Quite a few decent quality riddles, some puzzles and basic magic items, all of which, although designed for Pathfinder would work with Fifth Edition D&D. There are a few enemies, but again easily adaptable for whatever level players you are using this for.

The dungeon map itself is very good, I think the dungeon is worth it just for the map and the riddles. I'm going to keep this tucked away for when I need a last minute dungeon, and the riddles will definitely add a layer of depth to it.

The story of the dungeon is good, although short it is all very well-written. If the quality of all of the AdventureAWeek.com products is as high as this I would definitely recommend it, even for DMs for systems other than Pathfinder, because, this one at least, was very simple to convert to 5th Edition. I'm going to pick a couple more of these up for use when I need a dungeon or adventure last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment