Saturday, September 12, 2015

Saturday Grab Bag - Why don't you own the Player's Handbook?


It has recently come to my attention that many Dungeons and Dragons players don't own the new Player's Handbook put out by Wizards of the Coast. If you're on an older edition of Dungeons and Dragons why haven't you switched over? It is so much easier to run and play, at least in my opinion. 

The game can be played completely with the Basic Rules, so if money is tight you don't need to worry about it. However, the opportunities are endless with the actual book. It is very professionally done, and one of the best player books of any system I have ever read.

The DM needs the Player's Handbook for sure, since it is the best way to learn the rules well, as well as aid in PC creation, create complex NPCs, and reference spells. Player's don't necessarily need the Player's Handbook in order to play, but the game runs so much smoother if everyone has their own. I recommend players to read through the majority of the book, feeling free to skip over any sections that don't apply to you at the moment, other classes or races, each individual spell.

I think you'll find the book to be very inspiring, and make you a better D&D player. An added bonus is that when you learn the rules well, through reading the Player's Handbook you may learn enough to become interested in becoming a Master Of Dungeons yourself.

I know this Saturday Grab Bag is a little advertisey. I didn't have a lot of time for this post to do the normal research that I do for Saturdays. I'm awaiting a few shipments of RPGs that I would like to review, so hopefully we have some of those soon. Master of Dungeons is trying to raise money to get our own domain and a better design, we have raised a total of 52 cents, but I will try to keep the "advertisements" to a minimum. As always anything I promote is something I truly believe in.

If you already have the Player's Handbook then I hope you are as excited as I am for the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, if this is as high quality as its predecessor it will be definitely worth the money. (And I just noticed its on sale for preorder, I am putting my order in now.)

Alright, alright, this isn't the most original or inspiring post. Once my orders come in we will have more varied articles coming in. If you want to support Master Of Dungeons than buy something, but if not see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment